LIGA EUROPEA DE VOLEY MASCULINO 2012 - HOLANDA CAMPEÓN

Todo sobre el Voleibol Masculino Nacional e Internacional.
Chivol
Hincha
Hincha
Lloyd escribió:
Chivol escribió:
Lloyd escribió:Cuanto puntos de ranking gana el campeon de la liga europea :blink1:.
Esa liga no da puntos para el ranking FIVB pero clasifica los dos primeros (si no me engaño) para la WL del proximo año
El ganador (Slovakia) y el front-runner (Espa~a) del a~o pasado no clasificaron a la WL, a menos que cambien las reglas este a~o.

LLoyd las resoluciones son a partir de este año, el campeón de la CEV League disputará la fase intercontinental de la World League y los dos primeros equipos en el femenino, irán directo al GP

[justify]"The appeal of the CEV Volleyball European League has been significantly enhanced after CEV has finalized an agreement with the FIVB whereby the winner of the men’s competition qualifies for the Intercontinental Qualification Round of the FIVB World League while the two first-ranked teams of the women’s division get the right to represent Europe in the next edition of the FIVB World Grand Prix. This provision applies also to the 2012 CEV Volleyball European League – Men & Women.[/justify][justify]"[/justify]

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-Area/Competition.aspx?ID=565&PID=-1
Lloyd
Hincha
Hincha
El nivel de la Liga Europea Masculina este a~o es pesima, la peor EL de toda su historia.

Holanda y Espania son los unicos equipos que realmente valen la pena, los demas trajeron a sus equipos mixtos (La Republica Checa), o sus equipos parchados, B, C o D (Austría, Grecia, Turquía, Slovakia) o simplemente no tienen buen nivel (Dinamarca, Israel, Rumania).

Y lo peor es que dos de estos diez equipos aspiraran por un puesto en la WL en el intercontinental en agosto, cuando ninguno tiene nivel para una WL, bueno, tal vez Holanda (para que entrenen a su nueva generacion) y La Republica Checa (si trae a su equipo completo) puedan hacer algo decente si clasifican.

Espania es el unico equipo realmente completo, pero han tenido problemas en ganarles a los griegos, los eslovacos y los daneses :lol:.

Gran Breta~a debio venir este a~o y asi fogueaban con estos (pseudo) equipos, y hasta con algo de suerte clasificaban al intercontinental y con algo de suerte clasificaban a la WL.
Lloyd
Hincha
Hincha
21/06/2012 21:00
[center]Austria writes history as "Oranjes" qualify to final four [/center][center]2012 CEV Volleyball European League - Men [/center]
Hard, Austria, June 21, 2012. It was history in the making this afternoon in Hard as the home heroes of Austria edged Turkey at the end of a stellar game thereby scoring their fifth win in this year’s CEV Volleyball European League, the best result ever since the guys in red and white jerseys joined that elite competition a few years ago. Austria beat Turkey 3:2 (22-25, 25-22, 21-25, 25-19, and 15-10) coming back twice from one set down and on Friday the group around head coach Michael Warm will be trying to improve its record by playing the Netherlands.
Michael Warm opted for a starting six comprising Oliver Binder, Thomas Zass, Alexander Berger, Philip Ichovski, Simon Frühbauer, Peter Wohlfahrtstätter and Mathias Kienbauer. The home guys started out pretty well but Turkey controlled the operations after the second technical time-out to go for the provisional 0:1 (22-25).
A similar scenario, but this time in favor of the home guys, followed in the second set, where Austria claimed a margin of four points after the second mandatory stop before the guests from Turkey clawed back to force head coach Warm into a time-out. This was a good move as his guys cruised to the final 25-22 to draw the count in sets.
Turkey stormed out to a provisional 8:3 lead in set 3 and even though the Austrians could close up to -2 points (20:22), still they could not avoid the final 21-25 for their opponents who stood out in blocking as well as in offense in that section of the game.
Austria returned the favor in set 4 going up 8:5 and widening the gap up to five points. Thomas Zass stepped up for the home side after the second technical time-out (21:16) and Austria could cash that set (25-19) well deservedly calling for the tie-break.
Supported by the local crowd, the Austrians dominated the scene in the deciding set going up by 3 and did not let it go, cruising to the final 15-10 after 142 minutes of tough play.
Thomas Zass and Emre Batur shared the honor of top scoring in the match with 28 points apiece with Alexander Berger contributing 20 more to the Austrian tally.
“We started nervously as my players really wanted to show their best in front of this audience” said head coach Michael Warm after the match. “They finally could get rid of the pressure and display their best. We really dominated the scene in the fourth and fifth set. Five wins in this campaign are a great result for our team but we hope we can improve our record with the next couple of matches here in Hard”.
Turkey’s mentor Veljko Basic, whose side is already qualified for the final four taking place next week in Ankara, said: “We did not play good and could not show our real level. However, we had a couple of young setters on court today and the team still has a lot to learn. I have to congratulate Austria on their win because they really played good Volleyball”.

As they beat the Czech Republic 3:1 (23-25, 25-20, 25-15, and 25-14) on Thursday evening, the players from the Netherlands clipped their ticket to the final four coming up next week in Ankara as this result guarantees they will finish atop of the charts in Pool B. After a slow start, whereby they lost the opening set, the “Oranjes” imposed their pace thereby scoring their third win over the Czech Republic, waiting now to play Austria on Friday. Tony Krolis top scored for the Dutch side with 15 points while David Konecny contributed 23 points to the Czech count.
“We did not play that well in the opening set and our opponents were pressuring us a lot with their service. After that we pulled together, claimed the second set and the next ones were quite an easy walkover” commented Dutch head coach Edwin Benne.
“We played a great opening set but after losing the second, we just lost momentum and could no longer fight back” stated Czech mentor Stewart Bernard. “We have to work on this and not let it happen anymore”.
Lloyd
Hincha
Hincha
22/06/2012 09:00
Slovakia set eyes on final four ticket via last preliminary round
[center]2012 CEV Volleyball European League - Men [/center]
Kosice, Slovakia, June 22, 2012. The magnificent “Steel Arena” in Kosice will play host this weekend to the last round of preliminary action in Pool A of the 2012 CEV Volleyball European League – Men. Last year Slovakia seized the trophy of the European League for the second time in history there in Kosice and this time the young and rejuvenated group mentored by Stefan Chrtiansky has set the goal to make it to the final four scheduled for next week in Ankara, Turkey.
“We are looking forward to these home matches and I hope we can have a good start on Friday as we play Denmark, a very brave side whose fighting spirit we got to know already in the previous rounds” says the Slovak head coach. “Israel is also a tough opponent but I do hope we will score two wins to attract as many fans as possible for the big match on Sunday against Spain. Our main goal is to qualify to the final four” he adds. Slovakia will be missing in Kosice setter and team captain Branislav Skladany. “Even though we will miss his contribution, our second setter Juraj Zatko is good and experienced. Our captain for this weekend will be Frantisek Ogurcak” stresses Chrtiansky. “He played only in Israel so far and spent most of the time on the bench, but this time he will be ready to join the action right from the start and his experience will help us a lot”. Spain is currently ranked first in the group and has traveled to Kosice with a strong group. “Every weekend you somehow re-start from the scratch and we expect very tough matches” says head coach Fernando Munoz. “We want to get ready for the final four and try to play some great games. In comparison with the last round in Denmark, I have brought two liberos here, actually our second libero played last week as outside hitter but this time I have opted for the two liberos so that I can make some changes during the matches. Last year we had played Slovakia here but that came for the final of the tournament, so a completely different situation than this time where they have to win two or three matches to qualify to the final four. Anyway, our clash with Slovakia will surely be a nice game to watch” he concludes.

Rookie Denmark is currently third in the standings of the group with 13 points. “I hope we will play some good matches here in Kosice. Everything here looks like the tournament is well organized and that will be a nice experience for the players as well as the fans. We had our first training session in this huge sports hall; it is totally different than the venues where we have played in the previous rounds but I can imagine that full stands may be a great boost for the local guys” singles out mentor Fred Sturm. “The same players that were lined up in the previous legs have come to Kosice as they are the real core of this team”.

The second rookie of the group, Israel, will try to claim some good results to finish its campaign ahead of Denmark. “We lag four points behind but we will try to finish third. We have a very young group and it is extremely important that these players can get valuable experience on international stage like they are doing via the European League. This is a good way to prepare for the future. We have come to Slovakia with our best players and hope to have a good tournament. The sports hall is nice but really big! But I think my players will adapt to it after a couple of sets” stresses Israeli mentor Zohar Bar-Netzer.

Greece was the fifth team included in the group but it finished its adventure last week in Gentofte, Denmark, rounding out the standings of the Pool.

Click here for more info, including a detailed match schedule
Lloyd
Hincha
Hincha
22/06/2012 20:00
Israel causes real sensation in Kosice by beating Pool leader Spain
[center]2012 CEV Volleyball European League - Men [/center]
Kosice, Slovakia, June 22, 2012. Slovakia beat Denmark in straight sets on Friday (25-15, 25-15, and 25-23) to make a huge step forward along the way to the final four of the 2012 CEV Volleyball European League coming up next weekend in Ankara, Turkey. Pool leader Spain suffered its first loss since the start of the competition as the group around head coach Fernando Munoz was surprisingly edged in five sets (26-24, 24-26, 25-20, 19-25, 8-15) by the real revelation of the tournament, i.e. rookie Israel.

Spain opened strong and went up by three points in the opening set (18:15) before two blocks by Itamar Stein and Ariel Hilman drew level at 22 for Israel. The Israeli eventually dissipated two set balls after going up 24:22 and Spain scored the next four points to go for the provisional 1:0 (26-24). After a provisional 15:11 lead for Spain, Israel hit back in set 2 with Shafranovich acing for the 15 all and the rookies of the competition eventually responded to the loss of the previous set by taking that section of the game with the same score (26-24) via a tricky floating service by Genadi Sokolov. Spain re-asserted its dominance by controlling the operations in set 3 (25-20) but Israel did not surrender and stormed back to call for the tie-break after seizing set 4 with the score of 25-19. Israel stretched that good momentum there going up 4:1 and 6:2 before cruising to the final 15-8 to contribute the real sensation of the day.
“After the results of the matches played yesterday in Pool B we knew we were already qualified for the final four; our goal is to perform at our best next week in Turkey and what happened today out there on court is my sole responsibility” said Spain’s head coach Fernando Munoz. “This is the greatest result since I started coaching this group one and a half year ago. This is a great boost of confidence for these young players who are fighting bravely against some of the best teams in Europe, this makes me very proud of them” stated Zohar Bar-Netzer, Israel’s head coach.

With many fans in attendance as entrance was given for free in Kosice, the home guys of Slovakia enjoyed the loud support of many young people in attendance at “Steel Arena” as they cruised to a speedy 3:0 win over rookie Denmark. Slovakia caught a great start setting the pace all the way through in the opening set (6:2, 12:9, and 21:13) before going for the final 25-15. Slovakia got to the front right from the start of the second set (4:2) with Denmark cutting the gap to one point by 12:11. Frantisek Ogurcak took his side by the hand to move the score up to 18:12 and the home heroes could eventually celebrate the provisional 2:0 via another 25-15. Slovakia got a margin of 4 by the second technical time-out of set 3 but Denmark clawed back for the 18 all, before last year’s winners of the European League could accomplish their mission with an impeccable 3:0 win (25-23).
“I am very happy with this performance because my players were focused right from the start of the match. We made some mistakes in the third set and allowed a comeback of the Danish side but we responded well and could finish it in three sets. Tomorrow we play Israel that today incredibly beat Spain. It will be a tough match” said home coach Stefan Chrtiansky.
“Slovakia played good Volleyball and made it very difficult for us in the first two sets. They won – more than deservedly – this game as they showed a great performance. Tomorrow we play Spain and I am sure they will be additionally motivated after losing to Israel today. We expect the best from our next opponents and we hope to display a good performance too” said Danish assistant coach Martin Olafsen.

Click here for more information, including detailed stats of the matches
Lloyd
Hincha
Hincha
[justify]22/06/2012 20:00[/justify]
[center]Oranjes simply too much to handle for young Austrians[/center][/b][center]2012 CEV Volleyball European League - Men[/center][/i]
[justify]Hard, Austria, June 22, 2012. Austria lost its second home match in the last preliminary round of the 2012 CEV Volleyball European League to the leader and actually winner of Pool B, i.e. the Netherlands. Already qualified to the final four scheduled for next week in Turkey, the Oranjes downed the home heroes in straight sets (27-25, 25-21, and 25-21) while Austria will try to improve its ratio to six wins in the competition by playing the Czech Republic on Saturday.
Austria fought bravely in the opening set but could not really shake its opponents; the guys around head coach Michael Warm missed out on three set balls before the Netherlands pocketed it by cashing their first chance to finish it off at 27-25. The second set followed a similar plot with the home side failing to score the deciding points and the guests from Holland going up 2:0 (25-21).
Austria regularly set the pace of the game in the third set with the Netherlands moving to the front for the first time only at 11:10. After that, the “Oranjes” could gradually impose their rhythm going up by 2 or 3 points, a margin that was eventually maintained up to the end of the game (25-21).
Thomas Zass and Alexander Berger top scored for the home side with 12 and 11 points while Jelte Maan paced the Netherlands with 7.
“Yesterday we qualified to the final four so the players were probably not that motivated today but they eventually took this game very seriously” said Dutch head coach Edwin Benne (pictured).
“We cannot complain because we did not play bad today. However, you see that we are gradually running out of fuel, as we have been playing many matches with little rest. We certainly still re-joy for our win against Turkey especially as we have been this team three times in this edition of the European League. Tomorrow we’ll have a tough match with the Czech Republic as their goal is still to make it to the final four and hence I expect they will be playing their best to travel to Ankara” said Austrian head coach Michael Warm.
“The Dutch are not just by chance on top of the standings of the group. Yesterday we had fought back bravely but this time we did not succeed in finding our way back into the game” stated local captain Oliver Binder. “We still hope to score at least one more win on Saturday as we play the Czech Republic for our last match”.

To keep alive their chances to make it to the final four scheduled next week in Ankara, the Czechs needed to score a 3:0 or 3:1 win against Turkey on Friday but they eventually ended up by losing 2:3 (25-9, 16-25, 25-18, 22-25, and 11-15) to the hosts of this year’s final round. This result paves the way with gold for Slovakia, the team that is currently ranked second in the standings of Pool A and that will hence be able to defend in Ankara the title it seized last year in Kosice.
The Czechs started powerfully downing Turkey in the opening set with the terrific score of 25-9. However, they rapidly lost momentum, started making mistakes while the Turks gradually found their best play to seize the second set with a comfortable 25-16. The Czechs pulled together in set 3 eventually going for the provisional 2:1 (25-18) after setting the pace almost all the way through there but Turkey clawed back once again, going up 18:11 in the fourth set and even though the Czechs fought their way back to 21:19, still they lost the set 22-25 thereby having to play the tie-break. With their chances to make it to the final four already blown away, the Czechs did lose composure in the fifth set where Turkey seized the night at 15-11 by cashing its first match ball.
“We caught a very poor start but then we got back by improving our defense and the quality of our service, so finally the match ended in our favor” said Turkey’s head coach Veljko Basic.

Click here for more information, including detailed stats of the matches[/justify]
Lloyd
Hincha
Hincha
23/06/2012 18:00
Austrian guys lose last match but take many positives from EL adventure
[center]2012 CEV Volleyball European League - Men[/center][/i]
Hard, Austria, June 23, 2012. Austria men’s national team finished its campaign in this year’s CEV Volleyball European League by losing in straight sets (18-25, 25-27, and 20-25) to the Czech Republic in front of the home audience that had got together at the local sports hall in Hard. With five wins out of 12 matches, still this remains Austria’s best result in the competition. David Konecny paced the Czechs with 17 points while Thomas Zass top-scored once again for Austria, this time by totaling 15.
“We can be happy with our results” said the President of the Austrian Volleyball Federation (OeVV), Peter Kleinmann. “Since last year’s EuroVolley the group has developed tremendously and only one year ago I would not have thought we could play at this level. Yesterday and today we clearly saw that the players were getting tired after such a demanding schedule. They need a rest now before they take on the qualification for the 2013 European Championship” he added.
“The second set was very close but we did not play good in the first and third section of the game” said head coach Michael Warm. “We did many service mistakes but anyway the match was not as one-sided as the final result, a 3:0, may suggest. At this moment we cannot take that kind of games if we do not play our best. I have seen some fatigue and we did not have the right grip in the end”.
“Our start was just awful and our service did not work at all, while the reception was not that good too” said Austrian spiker Alexander Berger. “We lost the second set after a very close run and that determined the fate of the game. Anyway, we have accomplished our mission to win five matches in this edition of the European League”.
“We really wanted to win this game as clearly as possible to preserve some chances to qualify to the final four waiting for the results of the other Pool” said Czech mentor Stewart Bernard. “I am happy because today we showed good consistency in our play”.

In the other match of the day the Netherlands re-asserted their supremacy in the group beating Turkey 3:1 (27-25, 17-25, 25-23, and 25-21). The Turks got the chance to call for the tie-break as they went up by 4 points in the fourth set but eventually failed to go for the 2:2.
“Today I gave some playing time to the guys who so far did not play that much. We did not show the right consistency all the time but in the end it was enough to win” said Dutch head coach Edwin Benne.
“The team is progressing but still not able to play top Volleyball for a complete match. Anyway, we look forward to the final four coming up next week in Ankara as we are eager to play in front of our fans” stressed Turkey’s mentor Veljko Basic.

Lloyd
Hincha
Hincha
23/06/2012 22:00
Slovakia beats Israel to book final four trip
[center]2012 CEV Volleyball European League - Men[/center][/i]
Kosice, Slovakia, June 23, 2012. Slovakia beat Israel 3:1 (25-23, 25-16, 22-25, and 25-20) on Saturday in Kosice to book its ticket to the final four of the 2012 CEV Volleyball European League – Men that is scheduled for next weekend in Ankara. In the other match of the day the Pool leaders of Spain needed five sets to edge rookie Denmark (25-16, 25-27, 23-25, 25-17, and 15-13) and make sure they will finish on top of the charts with one match, actually the real highlight of the weekend, still coming up on Sunday against last year’s winners and hosts of Slovakia.

Slovakia needed a win to make sure the group will participate in the final round of the competition but the home heroes started very slowly trailing 2:8 in the opening set, so that head coach Stefan Chrtiansky quickly opted for some changes to his starting six but this did not help straight away. Actually Slovakia found its way back right before the final rush of the set going up 23:22 after the head coach’s son, Stefan jr., hit an ace, to be followed up by another winning service scored by Peter Kasper who sealed the final 25-23 for the home side.
Slovakia imposed its rule in set 2 going there for a comfortable 25-16 but Israel did not surrender, as the guests went up 16:11 in set 3 before Slovakia clawed back for the 22 all. However, right by the deciding moments, the local heroes made some mistakes and so Israel could pocket that section of the game with the score of 22-25. Slovakia promptly reacted in set 4 cruising quite rapidly to the final 25-19 thereby booking their ticket to the final four in Ankara.
“I think this was a nice game to watch for the fans and I am happy we played well especially as we had to score the most important points. Our initial goal in this edition of the European League was to qualify for the final four and I am happy we have achieved this with such a young group that is still lacking experience on international stage. We are looking forward to Ankara and we’ll be trying to play our best there” said Slovakia’s head coach Stefan Chrtiansky.
“We started well and did lead for most of the opening set but eventually Chrtiansky’s service was the factor that turned the tables around right before the end as he caused us a lot of problems. We went down after losing the opening set but Slovakia is a very good team and of course they wanted to play good in front of their fans. Still I am looking forward to the last match against Denmark on Sunday” stated Israel mentor Zohar Bar-Netzer.

As for the other match of the day, Spain’s head coach Fernando Munoz decided to rest some of his starting players while Denmark played without regular opposite Mads Ditlevsen. Spain dominated the scene in the first set (25-16) but dissipated two set balls in the second with Denmark eventually drawing the count after sealing that affair at 25-27. The rookies of the year did stretch that good momentum also to the third set where Casper Munk Christiansen finished it off with a nice spike for the provisional 1:2 (23-25). After losing on Friday to Israel, Spain did not want to accept a second defeat and got back on track in set 4 (25-17) calling for the tie-break. Denmark was up 8:6 as teams changed sides there but Spain flipped the score around and Rodriguez was the man of the match cashing the first match ball for the final 15-13.
“I used some back-up players today as they also need to get valuable experience in international matches” said Munoz. “I do not know if on Sunday we’ll opt for our best starting six as we play the local heroes of Slovakia because some players are tired or nursing minor injuries”.
“I think the Spanish coach was very clever in opting for some fresh players after their defeat to Israel on Friday and we also did more or less the same. We had a tough time at the beginning but our guys gradually adjusted their play to the style of their opponents. We could have won the tie-break but I am still happy that we came back strongly after clearly losing the first set. This is also a good experience for us” stressed Danish assistant coach Martin Olafsen.

Lloyd
Hincha
Hincha
(Por orden de clasificacion) Holanda (primero en el grupo B), Espania (primero en el grupo A), Turquía (Host del FF) y Slovakia (mejor segundo) clasificaron a la final four.

La clasificacion de Turquía da verguenza, solo por ser host mientras los Checos estuvieron mejor posicionados y se quedaron. El equipo de Turquia es un ejemplo de tener juagadores en buenos clubes y todavia seguir siendo un equipo de segunda (entre el equipo masculino y femenino hay un universo de diferencia) :lol:.

Pobres Checos, quedan fuera de Londres y de golpe se quedan fuera de la final four, que mala suerte :(.

Espero que los Holandeses ganen el torneo :ganador:.

PD: La final four es en Ankara, Turquía.
Lloyd
Hincha
Hincha
[center]Four semifinalists looking to make it to the big game on Sunday in Ankara
[/b][/font][/center][justify][center]2012 CEV Volleyball European League - Men[/center][/justify][/i]
[justify]Ankara, Turkey, June 29, 2012. Turkey is all ready to host the Final Four tournament of the 2012 CEV Volleyball European League - Men for the third time in the history of the competition. With Izmir and Bursa welcoming the Finals in 2006 and 2008 respectively, now the capital Ankara with its splendid Baskent Volleyball Hall will get a chance to enjoy the exciting battles for the European League title.

With both sides claiming to have traveled to Ankara with young teams, incumbent champion Slovakia will meet the Netherlands in the first semifinal match on Saturday afternoon. ”I think we have four good teams here and I also think our first opponent Slovakia is very well prepared,” Dutch head coach Edwin Benne stated. ”Of course we are as well, so I expect an interesting tournament and I am looking forward to it. Getting back into the World League? I would say this is a long-term goal for us. Right now our focus is only on the first game – the semifinal against Slovakia. It is clear that my team wants to improve in the coming years. We are building a new team with many young teams that will try to do their best.” The only time the Netherlands won the European League was back in 2006 when Turkey was also organizing the Final Round. Slovakia, on the other hand, is the only two-time winner in the history of the competition. ”We are already satisfied to be here, in the Final Four, because this year we started with a younger team,” Stefan Chrtiansky, head coach of Slovakia, played down his team’s role as reigning champion. ”We know the Netherlands is a very good team that played very well during the league round. We do not have all our players here, so it will be a very hard game for us tomorrow, but my team is very motivated and hopefully we can win and achieve our minimum goal to make it to the final.”

Interestingly, the team of Spain, that became runners-up in the past three seasons in a row, is here again to try to repeat its achievement from 2007 – the only time the Spaniards won gold in the European League. They will meet host Turkey in the second semifinal on Saturday. ”We are feeling in good shape to start the Final Four again,” Spanish mentor Fernando Muňoz Benitez commented. ”We are ready for this important match for us – the semifinal. We will do our best to make it to the final on Sunday. I know the quality of each of the Turkish players and I know that when they play at home they move up one step, so it will be a tough game for us.” Turkey is the only Final Four participant that has never won the European League, although they did join the podium in 2010 when they reached the bronze medal. ”I think over the past weeks Spain proved to be the best team in the competition,” head coach of Turkey - Veljko Basic, complimented his first opponent. ”But for us this is a very important match, because we will play in front of our fans and we will try our best to play in the final.”[/justify][justify]Click here for more information, including detailed schedule of the matches.

Free live stream of all matches will be available at
http://www.laola1.com.[/justify]
Responder